1. 62% of all personal bankruptcies in 2007 are due to unpaid medical bills.
2. 78% of these had insurance.
3. Medical Industrial Complex, AMA, HMO’s, Big Pharma and AHA were never brought before Congress like Wall Street was.
4. 60 million surgical procedures in US 2006, 1 out of 5 Americans.
5. Medical care- 3rd leading cause of death, 225,000/ year.
6. 100,000 die from surgical complications, far more than auto accidents.
7.WHO- US #1cost, #72 population health, #37 health care delivery, 48 million uninsured.
8. Back pain #8 in top 10 diseases, $40 billion annual treatment costs, $100 to 200 billion total costs per year.
9. Back pain a leading cause of work illness.
10. Overwhelming evidence that Chiropractic management is more cost effective than medical management of back pain and should be in first place as treatment option.
11.Statistacally patients are 78-100% satisfied with chiropractic care.
12. Per AHCPR, surgery helpful in only 1 in 100 cases.
13. “Spinal manipulation is preferred initial treatment for acute low back pain and should only be done by a professional with experience.”
14.”Medicine has a limited understanding of the condition.”
15. Medical resistance still exists to this data primarily from the North American Spine Society which consists primarily of spine surgeons.